Monday, January 30, 2012

NIAGARA FALLS IN THE WINTER a post from my husband



















While my daughter and I were on a long distance drive we found that we would be passing by Niagara Falls at around lunch time. We decided to stop and have lunch at the falls. It was winter and COLD but that didn't stop us, after all it was Niagara Falls!

As always, we were equipped with our trusty cameras, ready to take a picture at any given moment.



















Niagara Falls in the winter is equally ominous in power as in the summer, though it seemed a little more intimidating.  Seeing the icy blue, green water and feeling the cold all around, reminded me of the need to respect nature.




















Interestingly, there were footprints in the snow right on the edge of the falls.  I thought, "Either someone was
very brave and had a need to be there or not very bright". 

I tended toward the latter.
Good thing there were no slip marks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.