Sunday, February 12, 2012

TO EVERYTHING THERE IS A SEASON




This has been a very unique winter here in the great Northeast.  We have been getting only dusting's of snow here and there.  "It is going to snow today," would usually mean one to three feet of snow. A warm spell this time of year would usually be in the upper 20's, it has been in the 40's on a regular basis.

I often wonder if I will see my furry hibernating friends coming out from their sleepy winter dens, but they seem to be staying put.  Do they know something I don't know?  Will winter hit us with a fury just when we are expecting it will be time to plan our gardens?  Though I have never had a winter with such little snow, one thing I have learned is to watch the animals.  God must have put some good weather sensors in them for they always seem to know when a storm is coming or when winter will be starting or stopping.  The chipmunks are still hiding and the robins are no where to be seen.

To everything there is a season; and a time to every purpose under the heaven....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.